The firm is led by our founder, Joseph A Scarpo. He has a deep knowledge of the industry, believes in the value of a team approach, places the needs of the clients above all others and recognizes that PWA Wealth Management has a deep commitment to caring for all of our stakeholders. His integrity and fairness spill into every decision we make. His experience as a leader of a consulting group in an international financial services company, head of multiple investment committees of public entities, former Certified Public Accountant and his small town upbringing provide PWA Wealth Management with the right leadership to navigate the firm and its clients through difficult financial decisions in an easy to understand, straightforward manner.
Joe Scarpo brings over 30 years of financial advisory and business experience to his clients. Joe is an alumnus of St.Vincent College. He graduated with highest honors and maintains an active and ongoing relationship with the McKenna School of Business, Economics and Government.
His achievements include:
- Chief Executive Officer, PWA Wealth Management
- Former Certified Public Accountant
- Former Accredited Personal Financial Specialist
- Member, Advisory Council for the Alex G. McKenna School of Business, Economics, and Government at St. Vincent College
- Member, Board of Trustees Pittsburgh Italian Scholarship Fund
- Treasurer and Investment Committee Chair, Board of Trustees Latrobe Hospital Charitable Foundation
- Former Member, Diocese of Greensburg, Catholic Foundation Investment Committee
- Saint Vincent Alumnus of Distinction, 2001 Recipient
- Guest, CNBC television Power Lunch
- Former Chairman, Investment Subcommittee, Point Park University
Joe strongly believes that each individual member of the PWA Wealth Management team must be a person of exceptional integrity and character. By building an organization that values these attributes, Joe has created an environment that fosters superior client service and results.
Joe Scarpo and his wife Marcy were married in 1979. They have two adult children and three grand-dogs!